Sunday, August 26, 2007

KS30 and Leveling BRD to 20

Friday I leveled BRD a bit to 16 while waiting for a KS30 run setup by Aal. I had only time to solo because I didn't want to seek, and if I got a party to replace myself. Besides, ever since I got back a months ago the parties from Dunes to Crawls Nest have been pretty slow. Rarely do you meet people in a pickup party that do their jobs.

When it reached the time for gathering for the KS30 run, I ran back to Sandy and took the airship to Jeuno. I realized when I got to Jeuno and was invited to the party that there were only four of us to do Contaminated Colosseum. I only did this KS a few times and that was with 6 people. It seemed easy because with a SMN and BLM in the party the malboro went down fast. With our current setup though, I knew it would be a tough fight. We went 2 NINs(Jussy and me), RNG(Aal), and WHM(Romm). The first orb we wiped at 20%, the problem was Jussy went down fast at the beginning with a combination of a sleep move and the AoE instant death move. Second orb I changed to RNG and Jussy tried to kite it instead of meleeing like last orb. This time we wiped at 50% because of the gravity effect from getting hit. Depressed and demoralized we racked our brains to see what went wrong and tried to make adjustments. Like I said before we saw that we died mostly because of a sleep move, gravity effect, and lack of dmg. So we brought poison pots and I changed back to NIN with evasion gear. We would try to melee it as we did with the first orb since it was brought down at 20% before wiping, but this time with poison sleep should have no effect. We won the third orb, with ease. The fourth orb again another win. With our new found success we decided to get orbs for a second round, and this time we won all 4 orbs. Overall we did 6/8, but during some of those orbs we did run into some trouble like: a dc, NINs dieing, or just one NIN dieing. However we did recover later and won in the end. The drops worth mentioning are the D.ingot, O,ingot, D.cloth, and Cassie Earring! We also got the vine for the brown belt quest for everyone who needed it. It was a good night with nice drops and great gil earned for us!

My gimpy RNG!

Woot, half the pt weakened and still we go on!

Aal died from his own poison...

Saturday I just leveled BRD from 17-20. I soloed while seeking and got 2 invites. One was a failed attempt to make a party, the other turned into a decent one. I plan to level COR a bit to 20, then work on SMN to 37. I'll add pictures when my lazy ass feels like it!

A GM visit when partying in Dunes.

No comments: