Thursday, August 09, 2007

Crazy Sky Days and Assault SM Missions

Wednesday was suppose to be minis, but with only 9 people at start and no officers on we decided to farm for a diorite while waiting for more people to show. So when we gathered at Nexus and started to kill some statues, and after a few kills we got lucky and a diorite dropped. Soon as we farmed for more diorite more people got on and Caaeia also got on. Thats when we decided to try and kill some minis. With 15 people we headed to Genbu, but with a ls already there we had to wait for them to kill it and wait for the repop. We also had to wait for people who changed into jobs needed to kill gods because with little number of tanks on we had to plan out what to do. However, that was all in vain because soon we realized we did not have a set for Genbu because we did not use the water to pop Olla. That's when we decided to pop all the NMs to complete a set BB, Ulli, and Olla and then call it. I guess it would have been better to do that and then farm instead of waiting for people to show up for minis, but hey I guess it was just one of those days.

Today was Assault and Sky again. In Assault Myrr and Nyo were not on so we did Azure Experiments for the ring we all want! However we only got the ??? box, which is trash! After beating Azure Experiments Myrr showed up, so then decided to do the other 2 SM missions so we could do the Cheif Sergeant promotion quest. The last two SM missions were Defuse the Threat and Lost and Found, both missions were extremely easy. Defuse the Threat you just running around to find and blow up 14 mines throughout the map. Lost and Found was basically a "Hot and Cold" game to find a ring with the help of a NPC. That mission was time consuming because you have to run around the map waiting for the NPC to give you hints to if you were close or not to the ring. But in the end we got both missions done easily enough.

Sky was after Assault and again we had trouble rounding up people. While waiting for people again we farmed a bit as Mdk said MG was up, so the people at sky already headed over there to kill it. When MG was down and we got the gem. We finally got enough people on to try and kill some minis. We decided to do Byakko x4 first so we all headed over there. Jussy and I were the tanks for all 4 Byakko fights and with a few close calls we survived the night without dieing. Tanking it was fun, I got hit on avg 100 dmg per hit. I did not take a SS of the dmg taken by Byakko without tanking food or my tanking setup, but it seemed to work then just using my HNM setup which is just emity+ equipment. Still though, my HNM setup and tanking setup for my NIN still needs work. But I hope in a few more weeks it will be complete, or close to complete. Drops for Byakko that I remember were: 2 N.hands, 2 A.heads, and 2 D.logs. Also, we went 3/4 on Byakko's Haidate! Congratulations everyone who got drops because it was a fun night!

On a special note we had a visit from Miya, the former leader of Rawr, who decided to stop in and say hi and then joined us on the kills this evening. Thanks for the help Miya. Also on a sad note, Otak decided to quit Rawr. With a new job offered to Otak it would be difficult for Otak to attend sky any more. I did not get to know you that well Otak since I'm new the Rawr but I will miss you because you were a blast to be with! I wish you all the luck with the new job because Graphics Art is a nice and fun job to have. I personally know how time consuming the job is, but I saw your work and it is awesome and I know you will do well! Hope you still keep playing for fun so I can say hi to you from time to time.

No comments: