Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Server Maintenance, HNM camping, KS30, sky farming

Yesterday there was a server maintenance from 9am to 5pm PST, and we all know when there is a maintenance its a rush to to logout in HNM and NM spots so when the maintenance ends we will be there ready for claim. However, when I got online around 5:30pm PST I saw that Fafnir already popped and Kaizen got it. I heard a N.head droped. After Fafnir, we headed to Valley of Sorrow for turtle. And after I think 4 windows, JDA got claim in the 2nd to last window. Since all kings popped, the rest of the night was free and Enz gave me a /tell asking if I wanted to do a BS run or KS run. I said yes and he decided to do a KS30 named Contaminated Colosseum.

When everyone was ready and geared up, we gathered at Horlais Peak for the fight. Contaminated Colosseum is the KS30 where you fight a Morbol NM named Evil Oscar, and he has a special attack that does an Instant Death AoE. The fight though was easy with our setup, Pauge as SMN, Fizzy as SMN, Asmo as BLM, Enz as WHM, Priest as DRK, and me as NIN. Pau, Fizzy, and Asmo killed it pretty fast during all the runs; our fastest time was 6mins, 11seconds. I died a total of 5-6 times... good thing Enz was on WHM! I was pretty useless, I basically was calling when his special attack was about to hit. It was easy to tell because Evil Oscar warns you 3 times before doing the AoE. All in all it was a good run, 4/4 on Morbolger Vine, making me wonder why people bother camping the regular NM for it. After the KS30 we decided to do some bonus sky farming and headed there.

Pau, Preist, and Enz went ahead to Ulli, and I decided to turn in my brown belt items first and Javir was still gathering gear. By the time Javir and I reached Ulli it had already popped and was claimed by a Japanese LS. They pretty muched owned it, so we decided to camp for SC. A strange thing happened though, as Pau pulled a detector from the basement, SC popped from it. We were all suprised and started to feel lucky. It was a fun fight because Enz was checking for a Curtana, so we were fighting with four for alittle bit. When Enz finally got there it was about half way dead. The fight was pretty easy, after the stone droped we escaped and headed to water. Again something strange happened... water droped from the first pot we killed. It was right then we knew it was a lucky night. After killing a few more pots we decided to pop Olla, the fight was fun, and much easier than I thought. After we killed Olla, we continued farming for water. After 30mins or so Enz says he needs to go soon and as luck would have it another water droped. We decided to kill Olla again and once we finished off the second Olla before we all log of the night we headed for Faust so Javir and Enz could duo it. However Faust wasn't up and we all decided to log for the night. It turned into a nice day, finally completed my brown belt quest, got some gil, and got some points and sky pop items. I'll add pictures later, right now I'm going to sleep.

No comments: