Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Quick Update

I just wanted to do a quick update on what's been going on before I post a more detailed update on the past week later today. Anyways, to start this post I would like to talk about the hacked accounts that many of you may have heard about.

If you have been following news from qcdn or any other FFXI related site, there have been reports of players' accounts being hacked. This all happened around last week, and one player stated that a trojan or virus on ads in ffxiah.com and wiki.ffxiclopedia.org are how they were hacked. A friend of mine Jussy got his account hacked and moved to another server over last weekend. Currently he is trying to recover his character and hopefully some of his gear, and if he does not get his character back he will probably quit the game. Anyways, I just wanted to spread caution to people and be careful with where you browse. Also to update your computer and do regular scans to keep it clean. Try not to click any ads and keep to search engines.

Also, an update on my playtime. Currently I'm playing 360 since I got it last week, I've only logged in FFXI for events like Assault, Sky, Sea, Limbus, and Dynamis. Also with the Holiday season FFXI time will be limited more. I will probably play more FFXI soon since most of the games I got for the 360 I have beaten pretty quickly. Anyways, I'll try to do a more detailed update on things I did last week later today. Stay safe everyone.

No comments: